10/02/2009

I'm Back...

With a different spin, this time around, it looks like i will just be ranting about things that straight put me up the wall. Be they things that i come across whilst driving, or things that come up day to day. Don't like it? Too bad, then don't read it.

To Start:

Over the next 10 days I will be going over some things that really irk me and make me want to turn and smack the lips off your face.

Today I thought I would touch on something that I caught on TV the other day, it was on "18 kids and counting" and first of all, not only were all the boys dressed oddly similar, but the girls were as well, all the same hair style with polo shirts tucked into their khaki's and loafers of some sort, it was like they were those Matryoshka dolls, it seemed to creepy to be real, and the girls with ribbons in their hair with the dresses tied at the waist, it really made me feel weird. The thing that irked me the most was at one time one of their girls was yelling in central park (they were in NY, NY this episode) and the mom knelt down in front of her and started to discipline her, this is all well and fine until it cuts to one of the generic boys, who is sitting in front of a screen having his camera time, and he said "she doesn't yell at her kids like other parents, she talks to them like they are normal people."

What got me about that is that the Duggars are not normal, they have 18 children, that isn't a normal family, no matter how you discipline your children, you will never be normal, not as the person who has squeezed out so many children the next one is just going to fall out. It made me upset to the point where I wanted to smack the hair cut off of him, it made me think how disillusioned these children will grow up to be.

Yet another thing would be the fact that they have 18, soon to be 19 children, I think its high time someone had an intervention, there are all sorts of addictions in this world, why could having children not be an addiction, yes, I know they live the christian lifestyle, and there is nothing wrong with that, it just seems like they have done their job to populate the earth. 19 children, 21 people under one roof, not to mention the camera crews who follow them around, that must be one crowded sidewalk.

I do respect their right to be practicing their religion, but IMHO these folk are too much, they have way too many kids, as I said I'm sure they love them, I thought what is running through the first child's mind? does he think his parents to be selfish? I certainly would, as there are so many people in one house, some of them must not get the amount of attention they deserve, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

To conclude, I think that the Duggars have too many children, good for them they have their own TV show, but seriously, there are too many shows about people seeming to exploit their children these days.

Keep it safe, wrap it up, or get fixed, but please for the love of god, do not become the next Duggar family.

Cú Chulainn

1 comment: